Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

I had a fabulous yoga session tonight. I'm wonderfully relaxed. And now DH and I are going out for pancakes!

Eating pancakes on Fat Tuesday is traditional because they are made up of all the tasty things people (used to) give up for Lent. No one I know, outside my immediate family, has ever heard of this tradition. When I tell people I'm having pancakes for Mardi Gras I get the weirdest looks. But! I've the Wikipedia article to back me up (I swear I didn't write it). So Kerbey Lane here we come!

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Pancakes for Mardi Gras are HUGE in the UK - they call it pancake day! But they make British pancakes, which are more like crepes. :)

Anonymous said...

We do not call it Fat Tuesday in Canada - we call it Pancake Tuesday.

Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
(Change caps to symbols and lose the spaces.)