Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm excited about swatching. No really, I am!

I recently found out that another friend is expecting. And I've quite a few ideas for the baby blanket I want to make. It is time for me to design my own pattern. (I'm a little nervous.) I've a few lace ideas for the center, so I'll be posting pictures of swatches as they are done. I bought the yarn I plan on using today. I've got a lace shawl for me on the needles, a crochet scarf I'm working on, and I've started spinning again. There will be pictures... eventually.
But right now, I'm going to go find my size 6 circular needles and start swatching. Hell must have frozen over - I'm excited about swatching.

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

So swatching is testing out different designs? Very uneducated here, I'm afraid... have managed to knit one scarf in my life - someday maybe I'll get brave and try again with youtube videos!