Sunday, March 13, 2011

When I started and what I'm doing now.

My obsession with knitting started just over three years ago. I picked up a little book and taught myself how to knit. It did help that my great-aunt had tried to teach me a couple of years before, so it was like remembering how to knit, rather than learning.
My passion for yoga is much more recent. I have never been flexible. I had never touched my toes until about a year ago. A few friends and I volunteered to help friend had decided she was going to be a yoga teacher. She had never taught yoga before, and I'd never taken a class where the fundamentals of yoga were presented for the uber beginner. We met once a week for 6 weeks and by the 5th week I could touch the floor. Suddenly this yoga thing seemed like a good idea.


I'm almost done with a baby bluebird that I'm making for a friend's baby shower. So the shower was today, and I'm not done. But I will be soon! This is my third design. It, like the other two, is in crochet. I do intend to create patterns for knitting, but I'm still learning how to do that. Other than that I'm between projects right now, not counting the ones that are "hibernating."

So now would be a good time to start working on a new yoga pattern. I'll get on that right after SXSW. So maybe in a week or two.

No comments: