Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This Death Star is not quite operational...

So I tried to make the Death Star pumpkin.
I started out using my usual tools and got this far:

It wasn't working as well as I wanted, so I went to Jerry's Artarama.
And bought these tools:
The funky shaped one, on top of the yellow sponge, is fabulous at scraping the inside of a pumpkin. I don't think I'm ever going back to my spoon.
It's so smooooth!
Then I continued carving away:
But it took a really long time, and I'd other things going on. So I finished up the lines and called it done.

And forgot to take a picture of it until today. That's why it looks deflated.
The first Death Star didn't turn out so hot, either.

No comments: