Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby blanket pictures.

I know I promised the necklace pattern, but I needed to share this first. This past weekend I went to L's baby shower. So, now I can show you the pictures of the baby blanket I went on and on about before Christmas.
I wish you could feel how soft it is.
The pattern is Michelle's Baby Blanket. I used Berroco Vintage DK. I was really worried you wouldn't be able to tell that the fleur de lis were fleur de lis, but it blocked out beautifully. It is supposed to be washable*, so I didn't think it would block, but it worked.

See? It's a seed stitch fleur de lis.
I started this blanket August 15th, and finished it December 11th. And, now I'm off to finish cleaning up the necklace pattern from Christmas.


*I'm not going to give soon to be new parents anything that they have to hand wash.

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

VERY smart to make it washable!!!

That's a seriously gorgeous blanket!

seeherknit said...

Thank you!

Erin said...

The photos came out great. You can really see the fleur de lis pattern, too. And yes, it was really soft!