Monday, December 12, 2011

The baby blanket is done!!

Saturday, we went to San Antonio to have a birthday lunch for the MIL. Then back to Austin and back to knitting. I stayed home that night because I’ve been sick, but I kept knitting and that night I finished the blanket! I wet blocked* it and the fleur-de-lis are obviously fleur-de-lis. I couldn’t be happier. Well I could, I can tell I messed up a bit on one or two of them, but it wouldn’t be obvious to anyone else so I’m not changing it.** I’ll post pictures after it is gifted.

Sunday DH had to work; every month or so he has to work a weekend day. I spent the day working on the Christmas crocheting and it’s humming along. After months working on one project, it’s nice to finish a piece in an afternoon. That evening we went to Alamo Drafthouse to watch The Muppets. I’m not as hardcore a fan as DH, but the movie had me laughing till I cried. We ended the evening bouncing into Krispy Kreme and bouncing out with doughnuts. All was right with the world.

And now: Partner Yoga!



*I soaked it in Soak (a non-rinse, wool friendly wash), gently moved it into the salad spinner to get most of the water out. After quite a few spins, I wrapped it in a towel and stepped on it to remove more of the water. Then I laid it out on my blocking board, pulled the edges straight, and left it to dry.

**I reserve the right to go back and fix it if I have time after Christmas and before I send it off. But for now it is done.

No comments: