Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meta-blogging

There’s been a change in the way I’ve been blogging. At first I was hesitant about what I posted. I wanted to make sure I had carefully chosen every word. I wanted this blog to be fun to read, and have interesting insights into my creative process. More recently, I’ve been focused on documenting rather than on writing. The blog has become a record of my progress, no longer an end in and of itself. I quickly sketch the gist of what I’m feeling and thinking while I’m playing with fluff and yarn, but the excitement about posting has diminished. Now, it’s more about tossing some pictures with a few words just to have something there. I’m no longer satisfied with that.

I need to find the middle path. I won’t post often if I obsess about every word, but I won’t be happy about what I’m posting if I don’t take the time to craft it. I guess I need to be mindful of what I am writing. Find a point before I blather away. So what’s the point of this? Last night, as I was putting the finishing touches on a post, I realized I’d posted the same thing twice in a row. It was over a week ago and I hadn't noticed. If I’m not reading this, why should anyone else?

Ah well, at least I’ve noticed now. I’ve fixed it and I’ll be more aware of what I post in the future. And if I’m the only one to read this, that wouldn’t be so bad, as long as I get the practice I need from it. Documenting my progress as a writer, fibernista and yogini is kind of what I intended from the start.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Fibernista! I love it!