Monday, October 17, 2011

Crawling into Comfort

The Tinsmith’s Wife is in Comfort, TX. I couldn’t tell you where that is in relation to Austin, by this point I was all turned around.

We were greeted by one of the store kitties on the porch.

And another one right inside the door. 
Yes, this is a real kitty.
The store is in a remodeled tinsmith shop and the wooden floors and high, high ceilings made it feel both airy and cozy. And that’s a difficult mix to pull off.
Floor to ceiling is really impressive when the ceilings are 15 feet high.

Did you say you wanted some Noro?

Or were you just talking about the cat?
 
The name of the cat is Noro. How perfect is that for a yarn store kitty?

The yarn in the sunlight was beautiful.

There were yarn bags. 
There was even a bit of needle point.

Why shouldn’t there be a sheep in a knitted mobius?

There was even a little bit of fiber hidden. So I took some home with me.

The Tinsmith’s Wife might be my favorite store we visited on Sunday. I am sure this was helped in no small part by the fact that it was the last one. It had been a long day and I was looking forward to going home and playing with all my new acquisitions.

We drove back to Horseshoe Bay and then I drove back to Austin. I had two stores to hit in Austin on Monday and then the 2011 Yarn Crawl would be over.

Next time: How lucky I am to live in Austin with my LYSs!

No comments: